Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mahou no Star Magical Emi

This is an old shoujo anime. There's a young girl and a fairy. Seems like it will be a magical girl kind of show, but just a really bad version.

In the first episode, we come into a family moving into a house. They are also preparing for what looks like a circus show. It appears to be a fairly large affair. We get to see the various members of the family. We see grandparents, mother, father, our main girl, and her little....sibling. When moving into the house, she sees a glowing dot in the air. There's this weird moment where it flies through her, and everything goes still, and she can talk to it. It's kind of jarring. Anyway, it tells her to follow it, and she does. It's a fairy of the mirror, and gives her a bracelet that will grant her a wish if she puts this spell on it. That's as far as I got in the Episode before I had to stop. It was bad.

This anime is very, very 80's. The art shows it. The music also does, but it's good music, so I can let it go. The plot was odd, and kind of boring. I was very not impressed, I didn't even make it 8 minutes into the show. But I usually can't take old anime, it just gets to me on an artistic level. So, I would say don't waste you time.


No comments: